Terms of Service
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers and other relevant information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/.
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 14.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com
SURFit.com and shop.SURFit.com
IDEAS Systems Pty Ltd trading as SURFit
Warranty and Guarantee against Defects
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The original purchaser is entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The costs associated with a claim made against this warranty are born by the Purchaser.
SURFit warrants its product(s) against defects in material and workmanship for the warranty period of 3 months, and for a longer period if shown on the applicable product page or the product will be replaced as determined solely by SURFit. If the product(s) are no longer available or superseded by a newer model, the closest possible alternative will be supplied. A credit may be issued to the Purchaser if no suitable replacement is available. The warranty does not cover any other costs associated with other products or services.
All deemed faulty product(s) will be inspected to determine if warranty criteria is met. If accepted as a valid warranty claim within the terms described in this document, SURFit will provide replacement product. If the claim is rejected, a full explanation will be provided, and the product(s) will be returned at your expense if requested.
All replaced or substituted product(s) continue to receive warranty benefit for the remaining time on the warranty period of the original product.
- Warranty excludes and does not cover the following product(s) in the following situations or problems
- Surfboards and surf craft - Excludes snaps, creases, heat damage, broken fin boxes, dings and compressions
- Fins - Excludes snaps and markings, broken fin boxes, and broken fins
- Leashes - Excludes cuts, snaps, knots, kinks and stretched leashes
- Grip - Excludes adhesive properties (peeling, tearing and rips)
7. The warranty against manufacturer’s defects is voided in any of the following circumstances:
1. The warranty period has expired.
2. The defect was caused by:
- product modification in a manner which is not fit for their purpose
- neglect or mistake
- physical damage
- exposure to adverse external/internal conditions (such as temperatures caused by sun exposure, corrosion, acts of god)
- incidental or consequential damage due to improper use of product(s).
8. SURFit will not be liable for any labour costs related to product(s) failure.
9. This warranty constitutes the entire guarantee.
10. SURFit may change terms and conditions of this policy at its sole discretion at any time without notice. Please check the Shop SURFit website for current warranty policy.
Warranty Claim Procedure
To submit a warranty claim, please email our online Sales Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Goods will not be accepted for return without prior approval.
You will be responsible for the shipping costs for returning your products.